January 11, 2010

It only looks easy (Mexico)

This is an on going course. Every year I make attempts to learn the art of tortilla making in Baja California and my friend Delia is an expert at all things. She marvels me with her skills and grace. At home I have my very own comal, and palo, yet inspiration seldom strikes. Improvements in this arena are unnoticeable yet my documenting efforts have reached youtube worthy status . This was a fine batch of thin ones. The ranch had a crowd for the holidays. I challenged the youngsters to make a few and the 17 yr old son displayed great talent. The day before we made New Year's day bunuelos (a royal pain) and ate them with the morning cafe.

Sheila makes Tortillas

2 min 26 sec - 14 hours ago
Sheila makes tortillas at Rancho Carpintero on New Years day.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISKCksj8y9Q